Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Congratulations again! It's a great thing that so many brokerages killed their trading fees in the past couple months, otherwise it appears your profit would have been eaten up.

So how have you started thinking about judging the quality (and soon to come, quantity) of your success? Do you consider these high-probability bets? (I guess not if you say it's 95% beginner's luck) Position sizing is a very big stumbling block for me. Over-betting is deadly but this year my options bets have mostly been very successful (bullish bets in a bullish market!) so I've clearly underplayed my hand.... many times selling puts for 20% IRR when buying calls would have many magnitudes of return, etc. Still a great year.

Wishing you continued success!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.