Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Congratulations. I just joined a couple of months ago and am learning a tremendous amount on these boards. I remember when I was in your shoes...oh about 18 years ago. Regretably, I spent my first 7 years out of school with a company that had NO retirement plan, and I was stupid enough to not even put $2,000 a year away in an IRA. That $14,000 initial investment, had it been made over those 7 years 1987-1993, would really be paying off today. Instead I feel I'm playing catch up now.

Even if you make only a small dollar commitment to invest in these early years, even if its just 50 dollars here, 100 dollars there...you will reap tremendous rewards down the road. Having that foresight is very likely the difference between retiring young, or not. Good luck!

geoMBP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.