Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
You did a masterful job in locating, identifying, and exploiting a true hidden gem. I wish that I'd learned about this company earlier in the year when you all did. How did you ever find this company?

My hat's off to you--

Puck
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Puck -

Thanks for the compliments. I found this as part of my continual Value Line screening. CASS is in the small cap edition. It fit my initial requirements and was clearly underfollowed and pretty much unknown. The further I dug into it the more interested I became as I learned about some of the unique features of it business model. I started buying a little bit more than a year ago. All of my positions will be long term on December 5.

I also have to say the returns (just about a double in one year) have far exceeded my targets. My normal target is to double my money every 5 years. In retrospect I could have found it even earlier (it is up more than 4x over the last 5 years). But I cannot complain. CASS is starting to get a following now and trading volume is up significantly as compared to 12 months ago. It is much more correctly priced now in my opinion, but I am still holding.

I was impressed that Jim Gillies had it in his list when I joined this service early in 2006.

I have many sources for stock ideas (a list which has expanded since I joined MF HG). The two most significant are Value Line (long time subscriber) and screening with Zacks. In my Zacks screening I purposely look for low volume as one screening criteria, since I believe that low volume stocks are more likely to be inefficiently priced.

sw
No. of Recommendations: 1
I agree with you about the merits of low volume stocks. Low volume means that speculators aren't present much, which means that the market is less efficient over the shorter term.

Best Wishes,

Puck
No. of Recommendations: 0
As a fellow Hidden Gemian (good word) , I'm suprised this hasn't appeared on any watchlists.

I've been watching it for a while, but with subscriptions to both HG and SA, I'm going to stay within those two spheres for now.

Duncan