Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
consider getting a 7 day (or less) access license. Put in the VIN on your 2007. This will likely be closer to what the dealer will offer you for trade in than KBB, in most areas of the country (you will avoid a potential nasty surprise at the dealer).

I use them all. I check with dealer if they 'offer a Costco price', I use truecar, and I heavily research on Edmunds.

I also try to negotiate via email / phone wherever possible--inevitably, you will have to go to dealer, but I try to put that off until a close to a fully itemized deal is in an email as I can get
Print the post  


Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.