No. of Recommendations: 2
Constant theme with all these stories:

"It’s a throwback to when they were children in 1950s America, without actual children."

When everybody knew their place:

- The kitchen
- The back of the bus
- The closet

This baby boomer says "no thanks".
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ummmm - Don't look for me there!

CNC
Reminds me of an old expression: "Dictatorship of the majority".

CNC
No. of Recommendations: 1
CountNoCount writes,

Ummmm - Don't look for me there!

</snip>

I've been reading about "the Villages" for 20 years. A favorite pastime is apparently filing complaints on neighbors who leave the trash cans out too long on "garbage day" or have the wrong color shade in a window.

As the Borg say, "You will be assimilated".

intercst
No. of Recommendations: 4
intercst:"I've been reading about "the Villages" for 20 years. A favorite pastime is apparently filing complaints on neighbors who leave the trash cans out too long on "garbage day" or have the wrong color shade in a window."

Probably true for 90% of the condos and other 'associations' in FL. Too many retired old farts with too much time on their hands.

t.
Why was the OP deleted?
No. of Recommendations: 4
Why was the OP deleted?

If memory serves, intercst juxtaposed the words “white” and “racism”. My guess is that someone got an acute case of the vapors as a result. Whether or not it was a TMF nanny or just one of our resident graylings remains undetermined.

CLF
The link to the Politico article is here ICMYI:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/18/florida-s...

A gated, homogenous “community” chock full of superannuated, self congratulatory and self-satisfied white people. I think if C.S. Lewis had been born 5 or 6 decades later, his description of Hell in “The Great Divorce” would have looked a lot like The Villages.

CLF
Constant theme with all these stories:

"It’s a throwback to when they were children in 1950s America, without actual children."

When everybody knew their place:

- The kitchen
- The back of the bus
- The closet

This baby boomer says "no thanks".
No. of Recommendations: 5
<<A gated, homogenous “community” chock full of superannuated, self congratulatory and self-satisfied white people. I think if C.S. Lewis had been born 5 or 6 decades later, his description of Hell in “The Great Divorce” would have looked a lot like The Villages.

CLF>>

Oh dear me! People who don't follow the fads and fashions of the liberal college class! How outrageous!

Of course, it's the norm for communities of young college students to form around most large college campuses, but we wont talk about that. Similarly, communities of college faculty members are commonly found around college campuses as well. In Seattle, large communities of Amazon employees have developed around Amazon's Headquarters #1.

There are even substantial communities of vagrants segregated by those living in tents and those living in vehicles of various kinds.

But we'll just pick on elderly white people to berate and hate.

And you guys wonder why these people voted for Trump ----and will do so again.

Seattle Pioneer
This baby boomer says “no thanks”.

You are way too easy on these Babbit clones.

They are exactly the kind of people I hated in high school in the early 60’s. The overprivileged, entitled scum who delude themselves into thinking that they sit at the apex of the evolutionary pyramid.

CLF
No. of Recommendations: 5
<<You are way too easy on these Babbit clones.

They are exactly the kind of people I hated in high school in the early 60’s. The overprivileged, entitled scum who delude themselves into thinking that they sit at the apex of the evolutionary pyramid.

CLF

Be cautious---- you could just as easily be describing your own friends, colleagues and values."Over privileged and entitled" seems to perfectly describe the entitled college class.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 3
...easily be describing your own friends, colleagues and values."Over privileged and entitled" seems to perfectly describe the entitled college class..... Seattle Pioneer

These days, colleges/universities are little more than Adult Day Care where nothing is really learned except how to order pizza, after drinking 8 beers, on your iPhone by pressing speed-dial.
Oh, and cross-word puzzles.
No. of Recommendations: 9
These days, colleges/universities are little more than Adult Day Care where nothing is really learned except how to order pizza, after drinking 8 beers, on your iPhone by pressing speed-dial.
------------------

What a terribly uninformed opinion. But please don't let me get in the way of a convenient and long-accustomed scapegoat.

Steve
No. of Recommendations: 6

Isn’t it nice that the perpetually petulant pundit from Puget Sound gets to perorate and be augmented by the one of the coterie of incoherent itinerant trolls inhabiting TMF that, like seagulls, fly in, do an inordinate amount of squawking, crap all over the place, and then fly out only to repeat the performance in a different venue?

CLF
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<Isn’t it nice that the perpetually petulant pundit from Puget Sound gets to perorate and be augmented by the one of the coterie of incoherent itinerant trolls inhabiting TMF that, like seagulls, fly in, do an inordinate amount of squawking, crap all over the place, and then fly out only to repeat the performance in a different venue?

CLF>>

I'll give Churchy credit for apparently giving up on his Trump-is-a-Nazi, Trump-is-a-Fascist rhetoric that was a daily feature of his posts for the past couple of years.

His complaints framed as fancy alliteration are an improvement.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 3
CLF:"<<Isn’t it nice that the perpetually petulant pundit from Puget Sound gets to perorate and be augmented by the one of the coterie of incoherent itinerant trolls inhabiting TMF that, like seagulls, fly in, do an inordinate amount of squawking, crap all over the place, and then fly out only to repeat the performance in a different venue?"

Sounds exactly like the Lefty Liberal Media - including the Rachel Mad-Cow.....who do an ordinate amount of squawking on an issue - like Russian p**ing prostitutes on Trump's bed for 3 months...... then on 'Russian collusion' which turned out really to be on the Democrat side with payola for phony 'dossiers' that were total fiction....and now those 'poor little immigrant children' ripped from their criminal parents before being deported back to their native home lands where they belong.....with half the 'children' not even being related to the 'adults' who are likely for the most part just single border runners posing as 'parents'.

Yep, crap all over the media.....then fly on to the next manufactured 'media crisis'.....

CLF hit it right on the head...except he got the people wrongly identified.

t.
ChurchyLaFemme is already one of my favorite Fools...

8D
Why, thank you, Stock Goddess. Back at you.

CLF