Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey 2828. Some guy just came along and put squiggly-looking things on the addition. Are they brick holders?

They have been making great strides today. Put in the skylights and roofed the whole addition. The bricks will probably be a third of the way up. DH says that by putting on the roof, the outside work is no longer on the critical path. I think he used a PERK analysis. Anyway, the contract is written with a $10K incentive if they finish a month early, but a 10K loss if they finish a month or more late. They really want the 10K. DH wrote the contract.

For instance. They tiled the guest bath. There was one glaring messup - tried to make an oval with tile clippers to put in the towel bar. Looked horrible. We complained - nicely. DH is very good at it. "We really like what you have done with "X" but this tile has to be fixed." "And, oh by the way, we want a different person doing the tile in the master bat - here is a guy we've liked in the past." Within the hour they had the sub who had hired the tile guy and the tile guy. New tiles were installed before dusk, and they discovered they could just glue the towel bar on with liquid nails.

Still, it's crazy with all these people around. Miss Jackie doesn't care much, but Mosby has gotten very defensive about his territory and his Dad. Oh well, this , too will pass.

Oh - and just to show we are doing our part for the economy (some of these guys really need the work), here is my pricey Jacuzzi. Me and my back can't wait.

http://products.jacuzzi.com/nd/viewone_07.d2w/description?SC...

arrete
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.