Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 21
I have been following the discussions on this board for the last week and would like to toss out my opinion.
I have been a Motley Fool daily visitor for the last three years. And, yes, My Portfolio is a free service and that makes me a free-rider. But my devotion to the Motley Fool has impacted many purchases and I could connect a significant revenue stream to TMF and the companies that advertise on the Fool's site (The Money Paper, Buyandhold, E*Trade, The Motley Fool, The Foolanthropy, etc.).
The Motley Fool convinced me that DRiPs were the way to go.
The Motley Fool convinced me that accurately tracking your portfolio was of the utmost importance.
I believe there is still a lot of valuable content on the site, but if I have to change where I go to accurately track my portfolio, my ritual daily visits to the Fool will go away. I almost regret that this is true because I know that daily tracking is not critical, but it's a habit. And when that habit is broken I won't visit the Fool as much I should.
There has been no other web site that has held my patronage as long as The Motley Fool. I think this change jeopardizes that streak. I hope they understand that.
Meanwhile, I would like to know what The Motley Fool or others are suggesting for those of us with a significant number of DRiP accounts. Maybe I'll sign up for the Advisor program and ask there. See what their independent recommendation is for portfolio tracking.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.