Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
A friend of mine is trying to contact the IRS. I've been trying to help him by staying on the phone during the wait, but very strangely, we have never been able to get through (and to be honest, I don't want to help too much anymore when it isn't my problem; it is a pain waiting).

Any suggestions on playing the phone prompt to get someone? Also, it seems as if I get disconnected based on some sounds on the line, but is it possible that it just sounds that way and we should stay on? I have to say, though, at that point, the silence is so dead that it really seems as if the connection is gone. Plus, we usually get to that point way after the estimated time.

Thanks for any possible advice. Most likely solution though is to tell him to go back to his accountant or lawyer (if he has one).
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.