Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
...FreeStyle Libre by Abbott Laboratories, one of the best-selling continuous glucose monitors in the country. Similar units include Medtronic’s Guardian Connect, the Dexcom G6 and the Senseonics product Eversense.

The devices offer diabetic patients a way to see their blood glucose rising in real time, data transmitted from a hair-sized sensor just below the skin to an app on their phone....CGM’s...are not covered by most forms of insurance and can cost anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars...

“I was eating steak at a restaurant, and it had some spices on it, and it bumped my blood glucose up to 135 or 140. I found there was sugar in their spice mix," he said.

Somsky learned if he eats close to bed, his blood sugar will take half of the night to recover from a meal. He learned that, “if I just eat carrots, it will raise my blood sugar more than if eat carrots dipped in ranch.”

https://www.inforum.com/lifestyle/health/4039030-Will-contin...

Anyone here using a CGM? How is it working for you?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.