Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a regular IRA in which I have made $12000 worth
of non-deductible contributions.

If I open a Roth IRA and do a partial rollover of my
regular IRA into it in the amount of my non-deductible
contributions ($12000), I would expect that I don't
have to pay any taxes on the conversion, since taxes
have already been paid on that amount.
Is that true? Can anybody confirm?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.