Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a couple small IRAs (about $4500 total) that I want to close. I plan to make a Roth contribution also. For simplicity I was going to just take as a taxable distribution and separately make a contribution to the Roth for the full allowable amount. Is there any benefit to rolling them into the Roth instead? Seems like the taxes would be the same. Another question, with a rollover could I also contribute the full amount too and thus increase my Roth by more?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.