Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Greetings all

I am writing to tell you I have contacted my preferred scrap dealer and he informs me that #1 copper prices have increased to $1.45 /lb. This is a 16% increase over when I went just about 2 months ago and the price was $1.25.

As you might imagine I am ecstatic! I have some time on my hands tomorrow as well as about 200 - 250 pounds of copper wire waiting to be delivered. I will be getting this approximate $300 on the way to the golf course which will make my round even better.

Last week I met dumpster diving competition face to face. While I knew he was looking for aluminium and copper I asked him if he was looking for steel and he said no aluminium and copper. He saw my tote full of the stuff and asked if that was mine, I said yes and he stormed off. Hey buddy, the early bird gets the worm even when it comes to dumpster diving.

I'll post over the weekend or early next week with exactly what my haul was. I have tonight and tomorrow morning to strip more wire. When I called DW to tell her how much it was she said for that price she would even help me cut wire. What ever the amount turns out to be it will be invested in the stock market next week to start earning dividends or interest to pad our retirement accounts.

Have a safe weekend.

DMyers8985

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.