No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

I have a question about a copyright I'm hoping someone would be willing to help me with, if you have any experience in the law of intellectual property. We want to produce a clothing line geared at swimmers (my sport of choice) The line will be called "Swimmer Chick." We looking into graphic designers to design our main logo which will appear on the products. The logo will feature a girl in her swim gear standing with an "attitude." But, there is another company who produces a line called "Swim Chick". Their product features a drawing of a baby chicken, which our's certainly will not.

If this makes a difference, "Swimmer Chick" will be a line underneath a company of a different name, not the name of the company.

Any thoughts? Could there be a potential copyright infringmenet? Are they too similar? Again, any responses are greatly appreciated in advance.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.