Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
 
No. of Recommendations: 2
Recent news on MNST wrongful death case. Turns out the teen that died drank two 24 ounce drinks 24 hours apart and died several hours after consumption of the first drink. Doctors looking at reports indicated the caffeine from the first one would have been totally digested before she died. Also important was the fact she had several heart ailments that had been detected when she was very young and she was known to frequent Starbucks for coffee in the morning. What struck me as very important was the fact that no toxicology screen for caffeine was even done by the coroner. She listed caffeine toxicity because the teen's mom told her the girl had consumed a monster drink. No medical tests confirm this claim.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.