Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just received a form indicating that my benefits are now thought to have been higher than they were when I first received my SSA-1099. So, now that I have more benefits than I filed for, what am I supposed to do? I assume I have to find a form and send it in to the IRS with a check, but SSA didn't send any information about that.

Sorry, this is probably old hat, but I didn't see it, and I have no idea what I am supposed to do now.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.