Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
My portfolio is down %7.16

The Captain's ARK style down %6.88

And Saul's Style portfolio down %5.63.

But now that i know all varieties of portfolios have suffered major paper losses, i find it easier to deal with it.

All these wonderful companies and smart people could not all be wrong. Its just Mr. Market has been in a funky mood. Thats all.

Bella
Print the post Back To Top
Has everything to do with the market and nothing to do with our companies, which all continue to exhibit stellar performance.
No. of Recommendations: 4
All these wonderful companies and smart people could not all be wrong. Its just Mr. Market has been in a funky mood. Thats all.

Uh-oh. Denial. That means there’s further to fall. Bottom won’t be reached until there is capitulation. Blood in the streets. Enough to resonate Bollinger bands until they snap.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Yeah this week is going to let a skid mark. The charts show some great entry prices for those with new cash to put to work, Definitely a different market than we are used to but the motivations among the players are same as they ever was, only their opinions have changed.

I don't buy that a bond of 1.4% is going to lure someone out of CRWD, or ZM, etc. And I don't believe that Wallstreetbets is selling those names to hit Rocket mortgage or corner the silver market.

I can believe that there is selling in cloud stocks for entry in crypto. That's speculation on my part, but could explain some of today's move.

What I think is really happening is that the 'S'treet is catching on to the market we have been playing, and they want, even need, to get in and they don't ever pay a high price, so the price must come down and they have ways to make that happen. Nothing has changed in the basic businesses we follow, Outlook is pretty much the same as last week, question is what do you pay for it?

I got lucky today. LUMN goes exdiv for a quarter on Mar05 and that had the stock up around a buck all day. I sold a bunch and bought CRWD and ZM and I'm willing to sit on them for a while. Also sold about a third of my boat anchor THMO on the J&J vaccine news as well as TX and other states opening up after Covid.

We have turned some kind of corner, don't know what, but it's time to take a better look at what we are doing. Things haven't changed completely, but what we was working isn't doing it now. Stinky is coming, this is still a major new industrial revolution we are in, things aren't all changed, but something is new.

Let's figure this out.

Good luck to all,

Ray
No. of Recommendations: 0
That would be Stimmy, not Stinky, but maybe it's better their way.
I would say, not even close. The last capitulation was in March 2020, before that 2009. It occurs once we're down 40%. Not a week after the all time high.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I don't think people are selling stocks to buy crypto. Crypto fell too today from where it opened this morning, it's trading in the same direction as stocks not the opposite. I am not sure I buy the thesis that it is going to hold up the way gold does when things start seriously falling either.. In my mind it is just as likely that people will sell it along with stocks it is much easier to sell than bringing gold to the pawn shop. Just my two cents.
No. of Recommendations: 15
Here is an interesting indicator:

Index YTD

DJIA 2.2%
SPX 1.7%
NASDAQ 0.8%

When the DJIA outperforms the S&P 500 and the S&P 500 outperforms the NASDAQ, the market is upside down. I've been expecting a correction for a long time, it was certain to come but the time of arrival was unpredictable. Some catalyst had to show up. Maybe it was the GME craziness that woke people up. Hard to tell.

But looking at the bigger picture, or longer picture, my 12 month return is still 46% after taking out expenses. Adding back in the expenses and the reserves it's around 75%, down from close to 100% mid February.

The important thing is NOT to have speculative positions that don't bounce back or margin that can easily break the bank.

Denny Schlesinger
LOL last year in March I literally posted to followers on Stocktwits that I was "capitulating" on one of my favorite stocks. And yes, that was the moment I should have doubled down on it. It was about 80% off its highs, not 8%, or 18%. -18% is not even a bear market.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Steeeeeelllaaaa!
Here is a hug!
🤗
Awwwww so sweet!!!!! Thank you for the hug!!!

Hugs right back at you!!!!

Correction does suck. I am down a lot and not.sure how much more we will fall, just wishing i had a cash reserve to use the discount these days but i am fully invested

This is not move to crypto either btw. Crypto has also been on sale recently too

maybe its just market letting off some steam?.i dont know but will be glad when we pass this stage and get to calmer waters and smooth sailing

Bella
No. of Recommendations: 6
Hello and 'hang in there's to all and esp. the regulars Captain, Bella, and MSlob

What a week. I elected a priori to forego covered calls this week and turned out to be fortuitous as the downside would have wiped out my premiums. Instead, I've whittled my cash position from a rather lofty 23% to just a tad over 6%. Actually a little more accelerated unwinding of that reserve than I had intended, but felt this was a buying opportunity for the medium 5-10 year horizon. If it continues to tank, I'll not have endless cash to continually buy-in. I feel, though, that although this correction is overdue, much further doesn't make sense with a soon-to-be-open economy and the long-term commitment to QE with a long-term target of 2% inflation (no matter what the 10Y Treasury yield seems to be implying). My 5-10 year horizon thesis centers around cloud migration, a shift in advertising further from print and TV toward streaming, the rise of EVs, and the insatiable need for semiconductors as we roll out 5G and the IoT.

1) Picked up some chunks of
ROKU, DDOG, ZPEV, QCOM

2) Incremental adds of
NIO, NVDA, PLTR

3) A new 2% allocation to 2 SPACs (ACTC, STPK)

4) 1% allocation to HUMBL Financial (currently TSNPD, soon to be HMBL)

Faster your seatbelts.
I elected a priori to forego covered calls this week and turned out to be fortuitous as the downside would have wiped out my premiums.

Not sure I understand. Were you writing ITM or OTM calls?

Mark
Not sure I understand. Were you writing ITM or OTM calls?

Makes no difference, it's hard to make money selling calls on falling knives. Too much capital loss.

Denny Schlesinger
Correction <del>Sucks</del> Rocks!

There fixed i for you.
Maybe if you have a pile of fresh money. In that case you get a lot of awesome companies at a discount.

If you are fully invested, it is a different story

Lol i only get in the mood to type since we are bouncing back. TTD up 3%!!!

A beautiful green in a sea of fresh blood
No. of Recommendations: 2
A beautiful green in a sea of fresh blood

Can you describe what "green" looks like? I don't think I've seen any lately. 😇

Denny Schlesinger
All the love Captain!!! we will survive!!!

I see PACB, TWST, VUZI also flirting with green too. Hopefully we have hit the bottom and will bounce back from here
Seeing green in my boring stocks -- mostly income stocks. Some more than others. Most of them long overdue.

MMP, EPD, XOM, KMI, IRM, MO, LUMN,PFFA