Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
CORRECTION TO MY PREVIOUS POST. SORRY FOR THE GOOFY ERRORS.

I am doing 2006 w/TT.
Issue #1: I received a 1099-INT from USAA TAX EXEMPT INTERMEDIATE-TERM FUND w/$782.83 in Block 8, Tax-exempt interest.
I entered this info while doing Schedule B.
TT asked me what state this interest originated and I entered Texas, since USAA is located in San Antonio, TX. Is this correct?
While reviewing my 1040, it reflects $1,566 on Line 8b. I am totally confused why the entry is not $783. Why is it double?
While reviewing my VA State return, it reflects $1,566 on Line 1,Interest on obligations of another state, under Part 1 Additions. I am likewise confused why it is double.
Issue #2: I received 1099-INT from Legacy Treasury w/$431 in Block 3, Interest on US Savings Bonds and Treasury obligations. I entered data while doing Schedule B.(IT DOES APPEAR ON SCHEDULE B,as expected, since it is taxable). While reviewing the state return, it reflects $431 on Line 2b, Part 1, Additions. I do not believe this is accurate since the interest is exempt from state taxes. Under Part 1, Subtractions,it reflects $431 on Line 4, Income.
Appreciate feedback on my total confusion.
Thanks.

Joe

Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.