Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
have done some research on a privately held (so far) company called Corvis. They are in the optical router business; prospects look very bright (no pun intended) anyone else have anyone info or a possible IPO? Keep up the great posts! Bruce Brown and Mike Buckley, I'm in awe!

Gambo
Print the post Back To Top
here's a link to a thread i started on fcfh. has some info on a supposed pre-ipo backdoor, where some of corvis' technology is discussed. unfortunately, i referred to the company as clovis, but i will use the excuse of excessive school-related fatigue. there are some excellent replies.

phil.
Got a solicitation to attend the "Disruptive Innovation (DI) Conference on May 21-23. Note that Corvis CEO Dave Huber is one of the speakers. At $5000 a pop its a little rich for me; however, there may be someone on this board who plans to attend and who will report back to the group.

Ron
Curious if anyone knows when Corvis plans to IPO. I've been reading a lot of interesting things about this company, and my guess is, based on the huge valuations that have been lavished on the likes of Juniper, Sycamore, etc., the Corvis IPO will be massive. I've seen it mentioned in articles by the GG authors themselves and it figures prominently in a recent article by Gilder about the coming all-optical network explosion. Oh to be a VC investor on this one...

-DeepBlue
By the way, if anyone is interested in reading the Gilder article I mentioned, it was recently posted on the SI G&K board in reference to a discussion about whether Cisco can maintain its Gorilla status as the optical net continues to ramp up. Here's the link..

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/msg.gsp?msgid=13279516

-DeepBlue