Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Let me clarify a few comments I previously made. The cost of this technique comes from the lab costs the orthodontist must pay to invisilign to submit the case and receive the appliances. It is true that the start up cost and overhead costs in my office are insignificant, but the lab costs are very expensive.

Why 10% of the cases, and why not children? These appliances will only make minor corrections (minor spacing and minor crowding) with patients who do not have occlusal (bite) problems. If the patient has excessive overbite or underbite, a crossbite, openbite or deepbite this technique will not work. If the patient has moderate to severe crowding,or spacing, or if they have missing or underdeveloped teeth, or if they are not finished growing or have remaining primary teeth, they are not a candidate (starting to get the picture). This will only work for simple cases.

I would also emphasize that although I am not investing in this company, I really hope they catch on. I like having another alternative to conventional braces, even if the application is limited.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.