No. of Recommendations: 3
I didn't realize that Emergency Exits in retail stores are on a time delay. Apparently that becomes a deadly problem when shoppers attempt to flee the premises during a popular American pastime -- mass shootings.

Witnesses Say Costco’s Emergency Exit Doors Wouldn’t Open During Corona Shooting
https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/costco-emergency-exit-doors-d...

</snip>

I guess that's another reason to shop online.

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Odd how often a simple argument turns into something else when there is a gun in the mix isn't it?

I suppose the perp will have many years to consider that simple fact? The victim not so much.

Anymouse

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/us/corona-costco-shooting/ind...

(CNN)A shooting left one person dead and three others injured Friday evening in a Costco store in Southern California, police said.

A man is in custody after firing inside the store, Lt. Jeff Edwards of the Corona police said. His name wasn't immediately released.

The shooting stemmed from an argument inside the store, but the relationship among the victims and the alleged gunman is unclear, Edwards said.
Odd how often a simple argument turns into something else when there is a gun in the mix isn't it?

The NRA assures us the answer to gun violence is always more guns, so the people being shot at can shoot back, they say.

Steve
No. of Recommendations: 5

There are no statistics on how many arguments involve someone who has a gun but never even lets any of the other participants know about it...

But it must be a huge number, because (a) people like to argue and (b) the crime rate among private citizens with concealed-carry permits is even lower than the crime rate among police officers.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Assuming the doors were not on a time delay, but rather activated by, say the fire alarm system or the security department, then it becomes apparent that a redefinition of the word "emergency" i in order.

Jeff
No. of Recommendations: 1
(b) the crime rate among private citizens with concealed-carry permits is even lower than the crime rate among police officers.

Dear Warrl,

I believe what you write is well though out, so I'm sure you can find a link or study that bears out the above assertion.

It is a remarkable statement, and one I have never heard before.

Of course, I also have never heard anyone mention the crime rate among police officers, other than in a police brutality or excess force situation that results in death of a person resisting arrest.

Given that the identity of all concealed-carry permit holders is known to government entities, I assume it would be easy to determine if one of them is arrested for a gun crime.

However, I have never seen the actual percent statistics for such persons vs. the general population, or vs. any other particular subset, such as police officers or non-licensed gun owners.

Thanks for your input (and for any links you may offer).
I suppose the perp will have many years to consider that simple fact? The victim not so much.

Update ... OH!

The only guy with a gun (the shooter) was an off duty police officer.

Story just got a whole lot more complicated?

Anymouse

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/man-killed-by-off-duty-...

NBC News

Man killed by off-duty officer in California Costco was 'mentally challenged,' relative says

Tim Stelloh and Dennis Romero 12 hrs ago

He said the two other people injured in the shooting were French's parents and caretakers, Russell and Paola French. They were in critical condition after Friday's shooting, and Shurieh said they remained hospitalized Sunday.

A Corona police spokesman, Tobias Kouroubacalis, said Friday that the officer's gun "was the only weapon involved in the incident."