Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
WOOO-HOOO!! I've been waiting for this board to attract some interest. I love the idea of not limiting (geographically) the scope of our discussions. Personally, I have been splitting my time between Atlanta and N.O., so I don't wanna be counted out. I hope you guys will keep any "get-togethers" electronic, at least for now. And I love the fact that no one here seems to be any kind of a self-proclaimed expert, so we DON'T need to worry about embarassing ourselves with our questions and comments. All folks should feel free to chime in.

So, let me give a brief introduction to myself. I have been investing in mutual funds for about 11 years, and in individual stocks for the past three years. Here are most of the stocks I own: AMGN, MSFT, NOK, CMGI, JDSU, CSCO, SCH, GPS, PFE, HD and the foolish four (GM, JPM, CAT). I also have several mutual funds that were purchased in my Pre-Fool days. My initial investment in any stock is only $2000, so I'm not a big money investor - Gordon Gecko I'm not. Also, I am right in the middle of reading The Gorilla Game, and I have found it to be quite enlightening. If any of you have read it - or are interested in it, please throw out some comments.

Obviously, I tend to lean more towards the tech sector, but I'm interested in all GREAT companies, regardless if they sell fiber-optics or Pop-tarts. So... let's hear from you guys! What are you all interested in? And what do ya think of the recent slump in tech? Is this a yard-sale full of bargains - or discounted junk?

Let the good times roll...

ronster
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.