No. of Recommendations: 0
Saw your featured Q/A and you stated, "Select a job on the basis of the people, the product and the reputation." My current job has good people (although somewhat mismanaged), stable product (firm is not for profit - so not sure how to evaluate since product satisfication is based on board made up of industry experts which need the firm's continued existence), and reputation is good for the owners and mixed to good by the customers. Company very stable.

The new job is a goverment agency whose 3 people I met in the interview seem good (don't know about the other 147 people in the department tho), the product (providing info/services to other agencies - how do I evaluate that? - guess it will be around for a long time since deals with the monetary policy of country) and reputation (how I evaluate that - this agency has a vocal respected leader of its board - but not sure what others think/respect about the agency). Agency very stable.

Counteroffer would be for same amount of money offered by the new job, raises slightly higher at current company but new job has better benefits. Responsibities similar - possibly better challenges at new job (based on interview information, not really reality I suppose). Commute time/expense and clothing budget would increase at new job.

Help me apply your three part theory to my situation. Thanks.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.