Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So far the major side effects are a swollen breast and a "sunburned" armpit. Aspirin relieves the inflamation and swelling. Aquaphor and topical vitamin E help, but it's exceedingly annoying having a sunburned armpit! A combination of pain and itching is only relieved somewhat. Ah, well, I have two days to heal over the weekend!

There are other annoyances, such as #1 son coming home from work and waking me from my nap to tell me he won't be here for supper. Luckily that doesn't happen very often. He did have a bemused expression on his face at trying to imagine how one can get a sunburned armpit<G>.

Only 13 more "Zaps" to go! I expect the "sunburn" will get worse over the next three weeks<sigh>, but I'm using the vitamin E as a preventative every night now.

PM
Print the post Back To Top
It will get worse, just as the tiredness gets worse. Cumulative effect. And, sadly, it continues to get worse after you finish. But then, a few days after that you start to feel better.

After my radiation was over one of my doctors was about to leave the room for a few minutes while I changed from my clothes to my gown, and I pointed out that I had just had 45 zaps that involved being basically nude in front of strangers, so why would I suddenly go all maidenly modest?

Nancy
But then, a few days after that you start to feel better.

That's good to know - about the getting better, that is. MDH and I are planning on a Sunset Wine Dinner at one of the local wineries and a Bed and Breakfast stay after the dinner for June 7th, as a celebrartion of the end of RT.