Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Most of you know my positions regarding issues like cannibalism or representative democracy.

But let's assume I was a supporter of this particular political system, at least I'd like to have representative results, results that reflect the 'will of the voters', proportional results.

If I was a democrat, I'd like to see the highest possible voter turnout; it seems that a democratic government receives its legitimacy from the assumed will of the people.

The way votes are counted in the US does not warrant high voter turnout. Why should followers of Sen. Kerry living in bible-belt states bother to cast their vote, when there is no chance at all that it will count? The same goes for followers of President Bush in 'blue states'. Isn't it absurd that the final of the electoral campaigns of both sides only concentrates on those 'battleground states'?

And BTW, reading PA gives me the impression that neither President Bush nor Sen. Kerry are the very best choice to lead the most powerful nation on earth.

Possibly the way both parties pick their candidates needs a reform, as well?

Abe
Print the post Back To Top
Most of you know my positions regarding issues like cannibalism or representative democracy.

Yup - there are door-to-door canvassers you haven't eaten yet......

CF
Yup - there are door-to-door canvassers you haven't eaten yet......

CF

'Counting Votes' was a weak subject line for Anibaldo's post that started this thread.

I guess that 'US Erections - Castrated Voters' would have been a more appropriate subject line.

IMHO,

Abe