Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
couple of quick points:

If your business is not incorporated, the percentage amount is reduced to approximately 20% on net self employment income,
25% is for W-2 or incorporated business income.
While you can administer your own Single K, once Plan assets reach $250k, you will need to file an IRS Form 5500EZ, or Form 5500SF.
You will also need a Plan document with a Trustee as all 401ks are held in a Trust. There are providers that do this for very little cost, but may have restrictions on the investments. If you don't want restrictions on what you can invest in, then you will need to have the document drafted and do the 5500 if applicable down the road.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.