Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I sold my position in AMSG (-4%) and KTII (+41%) today.  I used my money from these sells to buy positions in DO and CRTX. 

I got into DO for 3 reassons:  Anticitrade model recommendation, announcement of 3 new contracts (made today), and I wanted some exposure to the energy sector (I used to have a strong position here).

I am much more excited about my position in CRTX, currently ranked 3rd by the anticitrade screen with a target price of $16 (214% gain potential).  Basically this company has maintained control over SG&A expense while growing revenue significantly.  I suspect that when we see the annual report of 2009 on March 4th we will see about a 10-20% jump in the stock price.

(Same thing happened recently for me in both QCOR and TRLG)

Print the post Back To Top

I think there should be 4 reasons for DO....

The extremely generous dividend they pay out......    I have owned them for years now....   The annual report they send out to shareholders is also very well presented.

Good luck...

Anticitrade - nice picks and thanks for posting.  I like to stop by here and get some new ideas :)

Bays - It looks like the dividend just paid in Feb 10 2010 was 12.5c... so now only $.50 a year now... just a heads up.

-darroj

Well, since I can't edit that previous post, looks like google finance was just wrong and shame on me for not checking before I posted. .125 + 1.875 = $2/share. For those curious: http://www.diamondoffshore.com/investors/investors_dividend.php

Yes... it's called a special dividend... and usually doesn't show up on financial websites unless you check historical prices.

Bays - how does the special dividend get taxed? I'm trying to find info on it but haven't had much luck.