Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 4
Coverdales, we use but 2k / yr is slow gloing.

we use self directed ROTH, IRA and soon 402, self directed .

WHAT about anyother way to invest for kids college inb srtks, compounding Tx free or tax advantaged ?

Sorry, but "inb srtks" was either too abbreviated or too typo-ridden for me to figure it out. If it's important, please re-post.

Have you considered a 529 account? You can read about the accounts in IRS Pub 970 under "Qualified Tuition Plans." If you take a look at the thread immediately preceding this one you'll see a discussion of what sounds to me like a self-directed 529 in which you could invest in individual stocks of your choosing.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.