Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Youngest, who is probably not considering grad school, has a Coverdell ESA (which, of course, has lost value since it was opened -- yeah, i know coulda shoulda woulda and hindsight is 20/20, etc. <sigh>). Oldest may start a grad program next year. My understanding is that Coverdells can be transferred to a family member. What's involved in that? What paperwork? And regarding the paperwork, is it the current value or the original contributions? Tax consequences (and I'll post on the Tax board next.

Any information or links would be much appreciated!

TIA ~~ Alison
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.