Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 32
Laura Loomer is a far-right white nationalist, anti-Muslim political activist, conspiracy theorist, and internet troll who ran as a Republican to represent Florida's 21st congressional district in the 2020 United States House of Representatives elections, losing to Democrat Lois Frankel.

In December of last year, she tweeted about her hope of getting COVID to show others that the virus was a hoax:

LOOMER, Dec 2020: I hope I get COVID just so I can prove to people I've had bouts of food poisoning that are more serious and life threatening than a hyped up virus. Have you ever eaten bad fajitas? That will kill you faster than COVID.

After getting her wish, Loomer has a slightly different take on COVID:

Just pray for me please. Can't begin to explain how brutal the body aches and nausea that come with covid are. I am in so much pain. This is honestly the worst part about it.

Huh.

Those fake viruses are a bummer.

According to the CDC, about 3,000 people die of food poisoning per year.

Currently, about 500,000 people die of COVID per year.

Food poisoning and COVID don’t compare. COVID is 170-times more deadly, way more painful and has millions of long-haulers.

Incidentally, Loomer is being treated with Azithromycin, Hydroxychloroquine, OrthoMune, and, since she lives in Florida, Regeneron.

Huh.

She could have just been vaccinated but she says she has no plans on ever taking the vaccine because it's 'ineffective'.

Huh.

Karma is sooooooooooo busy these days.

#lauraloomer
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.