Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-40-infected-covid-19-171454...

I thought all cruises were suspended. Apparently not.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Did we learn nothing from Jurassic Park?

Just because you CAN doesn’t mean that you SHOULD.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Haven't you heard. Some are tired of trying to avoid the virus. So go catch it and get it over with. Then you can get on with your life (if you survive).

Live dangerously!! Party anyone?
No. of Recommendations: 2
I blame the passengers. They were stupid.

If the US announced a resumption of cruising I wouldn't even dream of boarding a ship. One only has to pay cursory attention to the news to know that in most places COVID is still an active threat. So if you board a cruise ship today you're an idiot. IMO.
No. of Recommendations: 2
ipg if you board a cruise ship today you're an idiot.

Thin the herd!
No. of Recommendations: 4
Then you can get on with your life (if you survive).

If you survive without significant disability
So if you board a cruise ship today you're an idiot.

Our 2021 cruise has been rescheduled to 2022. If COVID isn't under control by then there will be no cruise industry.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Then you can get on with your life (if you survive).

If you survive without significant disability

or future problems? We don't know what long term effects of having had the virus might be....

Teri
I wonder about that. They can't keep bleeding money, obviously. At the same time, eventually cruising will be possible/popular again. And those ships aren't going anywhere (likely). So someone will be operating them.

Tangentially, I've taken a small position in CCL because I think when cruising starts again their stock will double or triple relatively quickly. Not too much of my portfolio since I don't engage in speculation with my serious money. Just something that if it works it will be a nice bonus, and if it doesn't it won't really hurt me.

1poorguy