No. of Recommendations: 0

I want to rollover my 401K to an IRA. Two quesions:

1. Can I make a partial transfer, transferring a portion of my 401K to two different brokers?reason: one broker I like and is local to me does not handle mutual funds, and I want to invest some amount in a mutual fund with remainder in stocks).

2. I want to start some DRiP investing and understand that the stock has to be in my name. Is this do-able with an IRA investment, or is this exclusive to non-IRA type accounts?

Thanks for any help
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.