No. of Recommendations: 3
I've had huge blunders. Coulda paid for a college education with what I've pissed away. Saving grace is I did get value in my losses.
I bought CRA(celara) in bits and parts until I had accumulated $6000 worth, a large sum for me then,perhaps half of all my portfolio. Over about two years I watched feverishly, got my parents involeved, and spent hours a day on what was then perhaps the busiest Fool board (CRA) The peak frenzy was the day my stake skyrocketed 40% in a day and put me up to $110000. It never went higher as I recall and eventually I sold in dispair for $6000. A 25% loss after having been up 1375%
I have standing promise to myself that if I EVER have another $30000 one day gain on a stock,I'm taking the gain off the table. Though I've done well enough since to be on my retirement track goals, I've never had another such gain. BcTim
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.