Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Crack - is what one might be on if they think that GM's pension rate assumption of 9% is much more likely to be accurate than 10%. Interest rates are way too low on bonds and for them to get it elsewhere, they must be saying that they are going to invest the future of their retirees into JUNK BONDS.

Crack is what one might need to be on to think that in this poor and worsening economy where thousands of job cuts were just today announced by companies like AOL and Delta Air Lines announced they will shed 7,900 jobs on top of the 100,000 new claims announced today.

Add that to the fact that not only are more people losing their jobs, but consumer debt is hitting new highs and the autos are making loans about which you will soon be reading that they had no business making. Desperation my friends. Smoke and mirrors. This is the next big controversy. Look at MrArbitrage's track record at being early on these type of predictions.

They blew their load. It's all down hill from here. I know this doesn't sit well with the many who are living in that rosy place known as denial, but those who embrace common sense will thank me for pointing this out.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Crack - is what one might be on if they think that GM's pension rate assumption of 9% is much more likely to be accurate than 10%.

Well it will be at least 10% more accurate ;)
MrArbitrage-----Oh Thank you, Thank you! The more "dooms-dayers" you make, the firmer and quicker the real bottom will be evident!

I think it is fair to say that various opinions and positions is what make the markets work.

Keep up the "good" work! crpurdum
crpurdum wrote:
MrArbitrage-----Oh Thank you, Thank you! The more "dooms-dayers" you make, the firmer and quicker the real bottom will be evident!

I think it is fair to say that various opinions and positions is what make the markets work.

Keep up the "good" work! crpurdum

I feel sorry for you crpurdum. You don't know who you are messing with.

That contrarion indicator fallacy may be valid with Wall Street analysts but I suggest you learn more about your opponent before making such ludicrous assertions.

MrArbitrage correctly predicted:
"Thanks for sharing that link summertimeheat.

The article said "Analysts believe GM could trade as low as 50.00"

One thing about those analysts; they're not very daring. MrArbitrage believes GM is worth about $28 and will go to about $30 in the next 6 months. We shall see"

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15599519

In case you didn't know, the 52 week low for GM is $30.83

Subsequently, here was the price of GM on the day I made that call
GM: Monday, August 20, 2001
Closing Price: 56.00

That was weeks before the 9/11 attack. It would have been a little less avant gard to predict that after 9/11 but that wasn't the case.

I suggest you read my last update at the board MrArbitrages Vestibule before making such comments about my insights. You will see things written by MrArbitrage that expatiate the stupidity of TWX executive well before the merger was finalized and the future fate of AOL stock predicted when it was at the highs. You will see the fate of stock prices of glamourous stocks like Intel while people like you made the very same insipid criticisms.

Yes, I am short GM and you could be too, but instead you will let your contumacy and pride cloud your vision and get hurt just like the rest of them - so go ahead and ignore the common sense I have worked so diligently to propound, drink the Wall Street analyst's Kool-Aid, listen to the GM biased pap, learn your hard lesson and I'll sit back and wait. I'll be back.

MrArbitrage

No. of Recommendations: 1
Yes, I am short GM and you could be too

A short postition in GM might make sense once this Bear rally peters out. GM should double top around 41 again. It's not building much momentum and volume is underwhelming. I wouldn't be surprised to see GM hit 30 again seeing as its trading range is about 34-40 right now.
patchdodd: A short postition in GM might make sense once this Bear rally peters out.

So sad for me! I just, today, increased my position in this DOG!

Cib (in for the long haul)
No. of Recommendations: 3
MrArbitrage-----"You don't know who you are messing with".

Wow------Am I impressed or what? I guess it's "or what"! Or maybe I'm scared to death because I don't know who I'm "messing with"! Yea---that must be it.

Dear Professor Arbitrage: If you were half as smart and half as rich as you would like us all to believe, you would not be screwing around sending your words of wisdom to the lowly likes of me!

I sincerely believe that you believe what you have to say is absolute fact and agree that it IS all a part of what makes the overall market system work. Don't take an opposing view so personally----I don't mean it that way. If we all agreed-----neither one of us would make any money! This way, we both make money!!! What's wrong with that?

Lighten up and drink less coffee (or something). And be careful when patting yourself on the back. You might lose your balance and fall off of the lofty perch you have chosen for yourself!! crpurdum

You shouldn't do crack.. . .crack is bad. . .mm-kay.
Boys. . boys. . .BOYS!!!

Can't we all just . . .get along?

Sincerely,
Mr. Jackson
(father of the Jackson 5)