Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
OMG!! Has anyone seen this show?? I just caught it on the Style channel, and I was in absolute stitches laughing. It's sort of an Junkyard Wars for crafters. They are given an item to make, some supplies to choose from, tools, and a time limit.

The first and second contests were between two amatuer crafters. Their task in this case, was to design a handbag of some type. All they are given to make it is a bunch of shipping materials, duct tape, bubble wrap, envelopes, etc., and tools.

The second round they had to make some type of soap on a rope out of a bunch of different colored soaps, and rope. They have a power drill and a power saw, scissors, and a few other tools.

Then the winner went on to the bonus round to compete against the "Craft Lady of Steel". I'm not kidding, that's what they called her. In this round, they had to make an iPod cozy. They had a bunch of different things to work with including a sweater, oilcloth, and of course, duct tape.
If you get a chance, catch it. It's worth a laugh or two.
Kathleen
Ireally got a kick out of the show and was pretty impressed with the crafts they designed. The handbags actually looked like something you might see in a store.
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.