Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
All,

I know a few of you are fans of your CU -- rightfully so, as they are there for their members. Now, here's my story...

Andrews FCU, with main offices in the area of Andrews AFB, MD (and branch offices on U.S. military bases in New Jersey, Portugal, and Germany) had been operating non-surcharging machines for as long as I can remember (which would be about 5 years). All of a sudden, they start a $1.50 surcharge (which seems to be the average in NJ).

Fortunately, their local competition, Armed Forces Bank, N.A., operates a cash machine about 5 feet away with an unusually low 50-cent surcharge for a cash withdrawal. Needless to say, if faced with having to withdraw cash, I'll go to the 50-cent machine, every time!

SJJ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.