No. of Recommendations: 1
Cross post from my post on Saul's board...

FWIW I just re-engaged my accountant to file my UK tax returns.

Usually the process goes like this:
1) I forget about if for 9 months of the year
2) I miss the physical paper filing deadline around September/October
3) My accountant contacts me asking if I want to re-up with them for an electronic submission
4) I say yes
5) I forget about it till new year
6) I spend a month getting hold of paper and electronic copies of consolidated tax certificates,
7) signing applications for online submission,
8) receiving faxes or downloading forms and printing them out
9) signing forms
10) scanning forms back to accountant
11) receive notification of submission
12) receive an invoice for services rendered
13) forget to pay for 6 months
14) pay after 2 chasers

This year it went like this:
1) Client asks me to confirm services needed on email
2) Client requests my documents (Jan)
3) I sent the soft copies of necessary documents on dividend income for the financial year (yesterday)
4) I receive an email with an invitation to sign into DocSafe and a username and password
5) I enter doc safe and see: 1 my documents, 2 the filing form for my signature and 3 an invoice
6) It asks me to attach an eSignature - I type on out and it is done
7) I receive a notification of receipt and completion

It appears that Doc-Safe (a small UK cloud based outfit) is operating as a convergence of an online file storage, workflow manager and eSignature. It markets itself as:
docSAFE is the number one way to work in the cloud
Compliant, safe & secure file exchange • Electronic signatures • Available 24/7 • Audit trail
Access via desktop browser or mobile app

Not sure whether this is a rebranded version of a white label of another eSignature provider or a competitor to Box and Docusign.

Here are a few ranking sites:
https://accounting-software.financesonline.com/c/e-signature...
https://learn.g2crowd.com/free-electronic-signature

Anyhow the one remaining convergence that would help would be eSignature and transaction processing.

Cheers
Ant
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.