Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
WFMI was included as a "Bonus Pick" in the Hidden Gems service. The bonus pick comes whenever they "re-recommend" a prior selection. So, they choose a recommendation from another service, such as RuleBreakers, Stock Advisor, etc. However, in so doing, they don't provide continuing advise/support.

So, from one long-term fare-paying MF customer to another: what's the word regarding WFMI in the other services' discussion boards? Still enthusiastic? Are we looking at a bargain price ... or more correction to come?

Thanks.
David
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
Hi David,
I recently took a free trial for Stock Advisor. TMF1000, a well respected poster, summarized the general consensus of the board by laying out a bullish case for WFMI. However, the acquisition of Wild Oats is going to make earnings lumpy as they work on improving Wild Oats' shoddy (comparatively) numbers. There will be plenty of room to increase margins, sales per sq. ft. and same store sales along the way (for Wild Oats) and that should provide some upside once the deal goes through. 2007 is definitely a year of transition for WFMI and we were instructed to patiently look for buying points during the year as the story unfolds.

I also recently received an email from TMF trying to get me to subscribe to some service touting a mystery stock as the one stock to buy and hold for the next 10-20 years. After reading the description, there was no doubt it was WFMI.

Personally, I agree with TMF1000 in that there is no huge rush to load up on Whole Foods stock ASAP, but I did get in on my second 3rd when it dipped to $44 a couple weeks ago. I'm about break-even and content to give this one some room. Management is superb, the Wild Oats acquisition makes sense, and I get the feeling (along with several other posters) that this company has the potential to be the next Starbucks.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Nate
No. of Recommendations: 2
So, from one long-term fare-paying MF customer to another: what's the word regarding WFMI in the other services' discussion boards? Still enthusiastic? Are we looking at a bargain price ... or more correction to come?

At HG, it's mostly the sound of the wind blowing.

Mark
No. of Recommendations: 0
Now how do I reconcile n84china and DutchMark's postings? I also wish that these reccomendations that come with a re-reccomendation would be picks that are followed in my service (I use hidden gems).
No. of Recommendations: 1
I like WFMI for the long term and bought in at $45.44 a while back. I also hold BWLD and SCSS(both HG picks) and am please with all three picks. I personally think that you can not go wrong with either service, both of them know what they are doing. Personally I think WFMI will be at a bargain for the next 1-2 years (hopefully it will go down to $30.00 so i can back up the truck, like I am doing with SCSS right now(make money!!!)) then will shoot up enjoy the dividends in the mean time!
No. of Recommendations: 1
I am a HG subscriber and like buyhold2 hold all three of the stocks mentioned above. I have recently doubled my holdings in BWLD and SCSS. I put about 4% of my portfolio into WFMI at $46 a while ago and with a further $1 - $2 fall to around $37 will be doubling that holding also. The key to long term WFMI success may well lie as much with international expansion as it does with Wild Oats. In this sense keep an eye on the UK, where their supermarkets are far more inviting than ours here in the US, they could give WFMI a run for their money, but I am confident that Mackey is up to the task.

As for the cross subscription, it is tempting to follow the tasters that are offered, but that way you would end up with a very large subscription bill and need to invest a small fortune to make enough just to recover the costs! On the plus side, however, you can sometimes detect the stocks that are being promoted, as in fact I did with WFMI and, with more short term success, AQNT.

Overall I am more than happy with the HG service as I only (currently) have enough money to invest in the recommendations of one service.