Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
crpurdum wrote:
MrArbitrage-----Oh Thank you, Thank you! The more "dooms-dayers" you make, the firmer and quicker the real bottom will be evident!

I think it is fair to say that various opinions and positions is what make the markets work.

Keep up the "good" work! crpurdum

I feel sorry for you crpurdum. You don't know who you are messing with.

That contrarion indicator fallacy may be valid with Wall Street analysts but I suggest you learn more about your opponent before making such ludicrous assertions.

MrArbitrage correctly predicted:
"Thanks for sharing that link summertimeheat.

The article said "Analysts believe GM could trade as low as 50.00"

One thing about those analysts; they're not very daring. MrArbitrage believes GM is worth about $28 and will go to about $30 in the next 6 months. We shall see"

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15599519

In case you didn't know, the 52 week low for GM is $30.83

Subsequently, here was the price of GM on the day I made that call
GM: Monday, August 20, 2001
Closing Price: 56.00

That was weeks before the 9/11 attack. It would have been a little less avant gard to predict that after 9/11 but that wasn't the case.

I suggest you read my last update at the board MrArbitrages Vestibule before making such comments about my insights. You will see things written by MrArbitrage that expatiate the stupidity of TWX executive well before the merger was finalized and the future fate of AOL stock predicted when it was at the highs. You will see the fate of stock prices of glamourous stocks like Intel while people like you made the very same insipid criticisms.

Yes, I am short GM and you could be too, but instead you will let your contumacy and pride cloud your vision and get hurt just like the rest of them - so go ahead and ignore the common sense I have worked so diligently to propound, drink the Wall Street analyst's Kool-Aid, listen to the GM biased pap, learn your hard lesson and I'll sit back and wait. I'll be back.

MrArbitrage

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.