Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
There's not much that makes me see red these days and I've no wish to upset the person who posted the item I'm talking about because they probably just did not realise the implications of what they saw. It would not be fair to unleash this maelstrom at them, it's intended for the creator of that pitiful little scrap.

Is that a real animal? Real as in living, breathing and deliberately bred to be crippled for its entire lifetime?

If so, whoever thought it was "cute" to breed it ought to be stood up against a wall and shot, that's after they've had their legs amputated to half their normal length and see how they function.

A cat's life revolves around its ability to hunt, that's running and stalking and often climbing with some pretty spectacular leaping. All of my cats can jump over 6 feet in height from standing still. This poor deliberately bred to be permanently disabled little thing will never be able to act in its true nature, and what's the excuse for maiming it and condemning it to a lifetime of frustration?

Oh, you spent all those years selectively breeding it so it looks cute?

Listen, if you want cute, get a fluffy toy. If you want cute with independent movement, get a robotic fluffy toy.

Do not, ever, maim a real animal to conform to your perverted ideals. If there is a way of karmically ensuring you get yours in spades and being there to watch when it happens, I'm at the head of the queue, you utter moron.

Rune
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.