Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
CSL Limited (CSL) announced today that it achieved a record 2001-2002
net profit after tax of $123.8m, an increase of 58% over the previous year.
Group sales rose by 58% to $1,336.4m producing a profit after tax, before
amortisation of goodwill, of $163.6m, an increase of 60% on the previous
year's result. The result is in line with the announcement at the half year
that the Company expected net profit from ordinary activities would
increase 55% to 60% for the full year

The Directors have declared a final dividend of 22c per share fully franked
payable on 10 October, 2002, bringing the total dividend for the year to
34c per share.

Price currently $28.00 (up 1%) but has been up to the $29s.

regards
Barcoo
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0

Oops, that should have read (up 3.8%).

regards
Barcoo
No. of Recommendations: 2

Barcoo
I'm smiling !! - it's up about $3 since I bought on Monday !! One of my few gainers !!
Interesting situation with regards to Centennial Coal at present.
I have been down quite a bit on this one with the price down to $1.62 at one time. It then announced that it was aquiring a big NSW group of mines and was floating more equity to pay for it. Existing shareholders were offered the new shares at $1.55 based upon their existing holding.
Since then the price has risen to $1.86 and is still rising - the new float still has about two weeks to go before closing and it's obvious that investors are buying up large in order to score some of the $1.55 shares on offer.
However, I'm sceptical because having been bitten once before in a similar situation I know that as soon as these new investors have got their new shares in their hands they will dump them on the market in the expectation that they will gain the difference between $1.55 and the present price. Ha,ha!! - no guessing what happens to the price when they do this !!
I'll wait until I think the price has risen close to the top and then sell before the new issue closes and also pick an interim dividend of eight cents per share - this may bring me close to what I paid originally.
"A cunning plot, my Lord" as Baldrick would say to the Black Adder.
We'll see how it plays out.
Regards
Harmy
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm smiling !! - it's up about $3 since I bought on Monday !! One of my few gainers !!
Well there goes that gain. Big volatility here.
Sorry Harmy but I like the most recent drop. I thought it had got away from me. Still watching and waiting. Hope my procrastination doesn't cost me lost opportunity. (Haven't changed my original valuation.)

"A cunning plot, my Lord" as Baldrick would say to the Black Adder.

My favourite line/lines from Black Adder was Black Adder telling Baldrick how he tried out for a part in a play.
Of course the "nincompoop" casters/directors couldn't see his "obvious" talent and offered him a part as a codpiece.
Baldrick asked "Was it a large part Sir?".

regards
Barcoo
Well there goes that gain. Big volatility here.
Sorry Harmy but I like the most recent drop. I thought it had got away from me. Still watching and waiting. Hope my procrastination doesn't cost me lost opportunity. (Haven't changed my original valuation.)

Barcoo
Yes - I'm still smiling though - CSL at $25 plus change has got to be a great buy price. I see Sanfords have a twelve months price target of $40 down from the previous $50. If it hits $33 it will make me happy.

I just love Black Adder !! As for CEY I see it was over the $2 for a short time - another week and I'll be out unless I see a drop in volume then I'll bail earlier.
I feel good today - nearly all my stocks are up !!
Regards
Harmy
Yes - I'm still smiling though - CSL at $25 plus change has got to be a great buy price.

Gotta agree.

regards
Barcoo
Baldrick asked "Was it a large part Sir?".

Barcoo
It would have been if he had been wearing the "Black Russian"
Regards
Harmy