Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have two kids with custodial accounts and I recently made some changes to the accounts and generated some Capital Gains. I am married and filing jointly. I am trying to see how these will be taxed. I will give one example and figure out my second son. I generated LTCG of $6439.62 and STCG of $232.71. In addition he has a Capital Loss Carryover of $610. He will be 17 this year and as of right now he has no other income - he may get a part time job after football season and may have a few hundred dollars of income. Thank you very much for the help.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.