Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It may be very foolish, but I'm old-fashioned in that I think customer satisfaction is important to the long term viability and profitability of any company. Hence, I am curious as to whether or not Pulte customers think it's a good company. Are there any of you out there? Are you satisfied with quality? Customer service? Thanks for your feedback.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
In the Houston area they are a joke. Mass construction with poor materials. I personally know of some pending suits. I am an owner of one of Pulte's fine homes. I'll never make that mistake again. As for customer service, they are marginal until they complete the neighborhood. Then they are gone and can't be found. I sent a letter (not angry) with some quality control suggestions and a request for return mail. I have never received a response. I did get one when we had to threaten legal action due to poor workmanship on the exterior. It was an interesting letter that said if we signed it and they performed work, we could never sue for any other problem with any part of the house. Yea, right. Our lawyer said no thanks and they repaired the problem. My understanding is that they are taking a bath in the Southern market because they can't get it right the first time.
No. of Recommendations: 0
In the Phoenix area, they are one of the better tract home builders.

In general, I don't like tract homes for many reasons including no customization for the exposure and the lot, they are more "showy" and less "livable", and they are usually designed to offend no one, rather than to be loved by one owner (see most GM cars, or most American beers).

Pulte builds with 2x6 exterior walls here, and offers certain amenities (e.g. extensive kitchen cabinetry) that most others don't offer at the same price.

I had rented one for two years, and my in-laws currently live in one now and are very happy.

Yes, there were quality-control problems such as the gas heating was not hooked up and this was not discovered until it was needed. Pulte, like all homebuilders, hires local contractors, on whom I place most of the blame for problems like that.

Their customer service seems to be better than the average here.