Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Cut off a limb? Maybe not. Perform unnecessary open-heart surgery? No problem. Mr. Patton appears to be ignorant or in denial.

“But an FBI affidavit filed in federal court in Sacramento contains allegations from competing cardiologists that as many as half of the heart surgeries and tests performed by the pair were "unnecessary by commonly held medical standards," and that an estimated 25 percent were performed on patients who had no serious heart problems.”

<>

"I was just one of the lucky ones," Corapi, 55, said in an interview from Wyoming, where he is addressing a religious convention all weekend. "They didn't saw my chest open, but I came within minutes of it. I'm lucky to be alive."

<>

"Many of the surgery patients were falsely told by Moon that they suffered from a serious heart malady and that they would soon die without surgical intervention," FBI agent Michael Skeen wrote in a 70-page affidavit accompanying search warrants.”

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2002/11/02/...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.