Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
c'ville: In other words, are you equally against anyone who advocates a position that limits one's possible lifestyle, or are you just biased against Christians?
-----

I am "against anyone who advocates a position that limits one's possible lifestyle" insofar as the lifestyle in question isn't a threat to society in general.

I am not 'biased against xtians', I am biased against those who would impose their will where there is no need, and they have no right to do so. In this case (same sex relationships), it is a xtian movement leading the charge to 'limit the lifestyle' of a select group whose lifestyle offends them. Not harm them, or society. Not threaten them, or society. Just offends them.

I am biased against these particular xtians, not xtians in general. But, that the (so called) tolerant xtian majority don't stand up and tell this homophobic minority to back off makes them guilty of tacit support.

So, in this instance, on this particular topic, yes, I am 'biased' against xtians (and anyone else who would support discrimination, tacitly or otherwise).

Fur use, cockfighting, environmental abuse, etc. are each altogether different kettles of fish, and each (in my view) should be examined, and judgement made based on the merits, pro & con, of the situation, not twisted to fit someone's interpretation of a 2000 year old book of myth.
What I'm trying to say here is that there is no 'one size fits all' black & white set of rules to make society work (no matter how much some wish it were so).
But this thread, at this time, was discussing persecution of homosexuals, and that is what I was addressing in particular.

Rich
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.