Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
cyberisme,

It also (IMHO) explained that you have to accept the fact that everything has some level of risk. The rewards are greater, the higher the risk. Many wealthy people failed numerous times before "making it" - one example is Mr. Hershey, you know, Hershey's Chocolate??? He failed both in NYC and Philadelphia before "making it" in Hershey, PA.

Funny that you mention Hershey as that is where we spent our vacation and where I read RDPD.

For me, the book did raise my interest in the possibility of using real estate as a means of increasing my cashflow. However, at the present time I do not know enough about the real estate industry and am in a learning process.

How familiar were you with real estate before beginning your process? Are you only investing in properties in your area or all around? If I am not mistaken, I thought you had packed up in an RV and were traveling around the country. Are you scouting out properties in different areas? Or do I have you confused with someone else?

Are there any boards here at the Fool about investing in real estate? At this point I am like a sponge and am trying to soak in as much as I can to make an informed decision on whether or not the risks are prudent for me.

dt
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.