Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
d149: I've owned shares of GM since 91, and I must confess this investment has been a dog.

I find this stock to be predictably cyclical. I have owned it off and on for several years now, and have made a lot of money from it. I don't believe in long term buy and hold. Sell it next time it goes up, and buy it when it goes back down. I don't know when it will go back up, but I know that it will. I sell when I've made $20.00 per share. Then, when it drops again, I buy again. The times I've bought it was always in the high twenties, and I always sell in the high fifties. This way dividends are gravy. I have a Roth IRA, and therefore, no capitol gains tax.

Cib (wacky Fool)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.