Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
First CYCH, then Yahoo... I must admit that as a Software Engineer who just went into a 30K debt to finish his MS, this makes me nervous. Maybe I too can file for the chapter 11? That way I can thumb my nose at all those who stuck by me through the years, waiting for me to make something of myself.

But well, enough whining! Anyone who have taken their Foolish lessons to heart knows that EVERYONE, from Gardner Brothers to Buffet and Bill Gates have made investment blunders in their time. So cheer up folks! This is not the first time a risky investment tool has been exactly that -- risky. I think this lesson is extremely valuable, and though I, like everyone else, do not like to lose money, sometimes this is the only way a life's lesson can be learned. As the wise book says: "When we lose money we acquire wisdom". Well, I think I better get off the soapbox now, as this board will be closing down soon!

Cheers!

Foolerman
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Yeah, I agree, but what gets me is that we, as shareholders, will be asked to vote on the stupidest little things, but, when it comes to something huge like this - nothing is said. It does kind of give the impression that we've been taken advantage of...
No. of Recommendations: 0
"When we lose money we acquire wisdom".

I didn't think I was that smart!

Sebb