Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Speculation around Russell Wilson wanting out of Seattle has grown slowly but steadily all month, which I'm sure most folks here are aware of. Genesis cited is a rift with management about how much influence Wilson has (none) versus how much he wants (not none) over personnel and offensive scheme decisions. Fairly unprecedented ask, by my understanding. Naturally, I have opinions about this.

Let's let this recent good piece from CBS be a guide: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russell-wilson-trade-rumo...
Russell Wilson trade rumors: Projecting four potential blockbuster moves to Cowboys, Raiders, Saints, Bears
Can you imagine a three-way deal involving Dak Prescott? Because we can

And that's gotta be one of the better sub-headlines I've seen in a while. This list of 4 destinations came from Wilson's agent, as "the only 4 he'd consider". I'm not going to re-gurge *all* the details of these hypotheticals, but as SOON as I heard he might want out, I was like, "DeShaun and two picks, duh" (at least one of them a first). Not interested in Trevor Lawrence, thanks. A Houston trade would have the added benefit of showing Wilson that maybe things could be a lot worse. Duane Brown could even give him a few tips. But apparently the Texans aren't interested. I bet they'd be totally cool paying Wilson's contract (shyah). Or maybe, surprisingly, they're smart enough to see that Watson's a better value than Russ is right now.

Regarding these 4 hypotheticals, though, here are my hot takes, by which team Russ goes to:
Bears: uh, actually Chicago, you can have an EXTRA Seattle 4th-rounder to NOT send Jimmy Graham back to us. I'd be willing to see how Foles does in Seattle's offense, especially if you throw in an all-pro O-lineman.
Cowboys: Seattle gets Derek Carr. Nah.
Raiders: see above.
Saints: Taysom Hill is not a full-time NFL QB. Just no. Gotta be a serviceable starter (it's cute that someone thinks Winston is too valuable to include), but I do love the "Cameron Jordan, Ryan Ramczyk, 1, 1, and 2" part of the deal. Using one of those 1s to "draft and hope" will not put Seattle on track to return to the playoffs in 2021.

Right now I think he stays. I'm not sure exactly what he's asking for, partly because I'm not subscribing to The Athletic, but I figure Pete could at least listen to what he has to say here. But maybe more importantly, Wilson might never be more valuable going forward than he is now. Iron's hot. What do you think?

-n8 (related: DK Metcalf's stock price is probably taking a beating right now)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I'm not saying I'm demanding a trade. But if I were demanding a trade, you can only trade me to the Cowboys, Raiders, Saints, Bears."
No. of Recommendations: 0
Cowboys: Seattle gets Derek Carr. Nah.

Oh. When I saw the subhead you were excited about, I would totally dig Dak Prescott in Seattle but if this whole thing is just to recirculate good QBs to teams I don't care about then I definitely don't care.