Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Seeking alpha has posted the Q1 2013 earnings call transcript for Valero. I usually take a gander at Valero’s earnings/conference calls because of Diamond Green Diesel - Valero’s JV with Darling, mostly to get a sneak peak at progress before Darling reports their earnings. I was never very patient; even though my mother always told me patience is a virtue…

So, let’s take a look:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1385071-valero-energy-s-ceo-...

Much to my dismay, it seems that Diamond Green Diesel start up is now planned for the end of June… so we are 6-months behind schedule. (Wait... what did my mom say about patience again? Six months to a long term investment is nothing!)

Also at the St. Charles refinery start-up of the Diamond Green Diesel project is planned for the end of June. This plant is designed to produce 9,300 barrels per day of renewable diesel from low quality recycled cooking oils and fats using refinery hydro-processing technology. The renewable diesel will qualify as a biomass based biodiesel, which is a difficult specification to achieve under the Federal Renewable Fuel Standard. The project is a 50:50 joint venture between Valero and Darling International, which is a leading gatherer of used cooking oils and animal fats.

With the exception of a passing reference to the JV in the Q&A, there was no other mention on the call.. so we wait for DAR’s earnings…and the Diamond Green Diesel start up -

Greg
Long DAR
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.