Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Darryl, UPST is a good covered call pick. It has weekly options while most of my current covered call stocks only have monthly.

Now back to the grind stone. Really getting tired of this.... almost time to get off of this ride for good.

Which "ride" are you referring to? The Captain's ARK? Covered calls? ARK Invest? Like I said earlier, The Captain's ARK has been a bit of a disappointment for me and if that's the ride you refer to I can't blame you. I've returned to covered calls and the challenge is finding good candidates. I find that the best tend to be flat or rising slowly. The bane of covered calls is capital loss. With that in mind I'm paying more attention to stock charts.

VUZI (an ARK pick) is a good example, I bought it too early so I have a capital loss but now it looks like it has support so I added some more

https://softwaretimes.com/pics/vuzi-07-29-2021.gif

This requires looking at charts as I don't have this selection criteria in the Covered Call Selector. A 10 day EMA might do it -- sell covered calls when positive. It turned positive for VUZI yesterday.

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.